Coverage from a Vector {Plow,Plough,Spray,Search}ing

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Mon May 29 21:16:49 EDT 2000

I've got a vector track for a vehicle.  How do I convert it into a
raster of coverage assuming a given perpendicular spread?

I know that s.to.rast can be used to create a raster where each site
is expanded into multiple cells.  But that is only useful if one assumes
a circular(?) coverage at each point.

Also, in the case of chemical application, the rate of application
depends on the speed of the vehicle ... and even the rotation caused
by turning.

Are there programs in GRASS that handle this?