grass 5.0 on laptops

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue May 30 16:58:02 EDT 2000

Rob,
I'd venture to say that the main issue here is getting Linux to run
happily on your laptop, rather than GRASS specifically. I'd recommend
the "Linux on Laptops" page for recommendations and information on that
front (http://physics.open.ac.uk/~rpblake/linux_laptop/). Basically,
getting X-Windows running on notebook displays can be a challenge, but,
if overcome, then you're mostly home free. I haven't upgraded to 5.0
yet, but 4.2 runs happily on my Sager NP9703H (300 mhz AMD K6-2, 64-meg
RAM).

Best regards,
	-Malcolm

Malcolm D. Williamson                       malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Voice: 501-575-2734
12 Ozark Hall                                   Fax: 501-575-5218
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR 72701
http://www.cast.uark.edu/