[GRASSLIST:1081] Re: problems with r.in.ppm, r.in.tiff

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 3 12:29:36 EST 2000

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 02:49:59PM -0700, an lu wrote:
> Hi GrassUser,
>
> i am a beginner of Grass.i try to import a ppm or tiff
> picture into Grass using r.in.tiff or r.in.ppm.
>
> i drawed the picture using XFig, and  exported it as
> *.ppm. then i used  r.in.ppm,   i got an error
> information: unknown ppm magic number.

pnm is a group of file formats. As for ppm I only now
that there are two versions: text and binary encoding.
The manual pages of the pnm tools will answer your questions about the
format.

Check the header of the two images and try to convert your ppm image
into the other ppm format.

I think some pnm tools or convert from the ImageMagick kit can do this.
	Bernhard