[GRASSLIST:1118] Re: compiling individual modules

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Nov 13 12:43:38 EST 2000

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 04:28:58PM +0100, mlennert at club.worldonline.be wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after compiling GRASS-cvs successfully, I want to compile ps.map with the
> -fwriteable-strings option. But how (or where) do I delete the ps.map object
> files ?

Hi Moritz,

you change to
cd src/ps.map/

then
find . -name 'OBJ*' -exec /bin/rm -rf {} \;

This removes all the object files. After changing above option in
src/CMD/head/head.$ARCH

(replace ARCH with platform)

you go back to
cd src/ps.map/

Then compile again
gmake5

Then ps.map should be o.k. We are working on this issue to get rid
of this annoying compile problem.

However: If you want to help us, please keep ps.map as-it-is
and report the error *if* there. Maybe above procedure is not required
any more. We need a tester, and it would be nice if you could first
try the ps.map as it is.

Thanks

 Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology