[GRASSLIST:1152] trouble with g.select.pg

mlennert at club.worldonline.be mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Nov 20 05:51:27 EST 2000

I've already sent this message to the sqlgrass-list, but this list doesn't
seem very active. Shouldn't we maybe merge it with the main grass list again ?
-----------------------------------

When trying to run g.select.pg I get the classic error message :
Error: select Postgres:PQconnectPoll() -- connect() failed: Connection refused
        Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'localhost'
        and accepting connections on TCP/IP port '5432'?

However, postmaster is running on 5432. I can see the databases with
'g.select.pg -l' and I can connect to them with pg_access. The only thing that
seems a bit bizarre is that I cannot enter a host name when connecting through
pg_access. If I do I get the same message as above. But when I don't I can
connect without any trouble. I remember getting this hint from the pg_access
web page or mailing list, so it seems to be a known phenomenon. Could this be
the same problem with g.select.pg ?

Moritz