r.surf.contour time

Stefano De Felici s.defelici at tin.it
Thu Oct 5 13:24:49 EDT 2000

Hi all GRASS users,
I have used r.surf.contour for the first time to create a raster elevation
map from a rasterized contour map. The original map had only 30 lines and
the surface it was quite small (about 50 hectars). To calculate the raster
map which is made of 780 cols by 530 rows my computer worked more than 4.30
hours. Something wrong ? Is there exist a more quick way to obtain the same
result? If not, how many times I need in case of 500 or more hectars with
same resolution?
Is my computer too old for these jobs ?
I used a Pentium 166 with 64MB of RAM, with linux RH 6.2, and GRASS 5beta6
version.
Thanks in advance
Stefano

Stefano De Felici