GRASS to GMT?

Stephan Eickschen eicksch at gfz-potsdam.de
Wed Oct 18 02:17:04 EDT 2000

David, Alejandro, Markus, and all

> Has anyone written a GRASS script to dump a raster
> grid into a format ready for GMT?  I have been looking
> for a good postscript tool for GRASS and think this
> might be the way to go.  It seems to me that it
> wouldn't take much effort to tap into GMT's plotting
> prowess by writing an r.out.gmt tool which would
> format the GMT header by reading the WIND files and
> then write out the binary stream in GMT format.  This,
> at least, would get us a good looking map.  Maybe even
> translating the colormap would be possible?!

Attached you will find a - very crude - script to "convert" GRASS
raster files to GMT readable netCDF files. I think that it is worth
to improve, but it has been a long time since I needed it and I am
currently not too much engaged with GRASS. Sorry...
But it works!!!!

Hope this helps,

	Stephan

Stephan Eickschen                      Tel. :      +49 (0)8153 28-1351
GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ)     Fax. :      +49 (0)8153 28-1207
Division 1, Section 1.2
c/o                                    email:   eicksch at gfz-potsdam.de
DLR Oberpfaffenhofen                   www  : http://op.gfz-potsdam.de
Box 1116