d.rast question in 5.0b8

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Oct 20 23:14:34 EDT 2000

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 10:47:18PM -0400, Timothy Reaves wrote:
>     When I have open a monitor window, and use the d.rast command, the
> display window is not updated when some other window overlays it then is
> moved.  Is this non repainting behavior normal?

No, it's not normal.  Are you using X 4.0.x ?  Markus Neteler reported
this problem recently.  Seems there's a config change that might work:

<excerpt>

It seems exposure events not being generated.
One trivial way could be to enable backing-store in the X server
(more memory needed by X)

In /etc/X11/xdm/Xserver

change a line like this

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X