tutorial question

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Oct 21 05:00:46 EDT 2000

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 10:20:35PM -0400, Timothy Reaves wrote:
>     Are the tutorials for the 4.x version still applicable to version
> 5.0?  If not, are there any version 5.0 tutorials?  All the ones on the
> web site seem to have been written around 1995 96.

Hi Timothy,

generally the 4.x tutorials are valid for 5.x, too. They might missing
new features and, of course, the new NULL/ZERO separation. For details
on specific modules please refer to the online module HTML pages.

We are currently translating a GRASS-book into English language including
new 5.x features. But this will require some more time.
If you can read German, there is a book available :-) See the
"GRASS Documentation Project" (GRASS site).

Regards

 Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology