s.menu not found in grass5.0beta8

Christopher Marshall CHRISTOPHERLMARSHALL at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 18 14:16:01 EDT 2000

I recently downloaded the pre-compiled grass 5.0 beta
8 package and installed it under a slackware 7.0 linux
box.

Grass is a very impressive package, BTW.   I use to
use mapinfo a few years ago and grass holds up very
nicely against that standard from the little I have
seen so far.  The quality of free software continues
to amaze me.

I noticed, however, that the s.menu program seems to
be missing from that distribution and there doesn't
seem to be any way to set the site size (the number
pixels surrounding a site) in the s.to.rast command
from the command line.  You have to invoke s.to.rast
without arguments and be prompted for the parameters
to be able to specify fat site cells.

Thanks for the excellent package guys!

Chris Marshall