s.out.ascii

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Sep 19 07:27:08 EDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 12:35:26PM +0200, mlennert at club.worldonline.be wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In tcltkgrass there seems to be the same problem with the 'fs' switch
> for s.out.ascii as in s.in.ascii: the switch is not in quotes and
> therefore ignored by s.out.ascii. When I try to put the seperator in
> quotes I get an error message.
>
> Moritz

I don't see this behavior. It seems to work the same in tcltkgrass as at
console (except metachars need to be escaped at console \|, etc.).  I do
notice the tcltkgrass interface does not have an option for including
the site attribute identifier (# or % or @) in the output.

As to your previous message: the category number should not be
obligatory.  However, s.in.ascii has some bad behaviours.  It seems to
give you a category number if there's none *and* create a double
attribute with a value of zero.  Since the spec says the cat number is
optional, as are any attributes, this is definitely a bug.

I'll look at it and see if I can't propose a fix.

--
/bin/sh ~/.signature:
Command not found