5.0beta8 bin directory read/write permissions?

David Finlayson david_finlayson at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 02:21:01 EDT 2000

OK, the r.watershed problem was due to my disk running
out of space (next post on this problem).  The
g.manual problem was indeed my PAGER variable, but
something strange is happening...

my .bashrc file contains the line:

export PAGER="/usr/bin/less"

I type "export" and recieve the expected:

declare -x PAGER="/usr/bin/less"

and $PAGER <filename> launches less correctly.  When I
enter the grass environment with "grass5", and then
type "export", I see that the PAGER variable has been
changed to:

declare -x PAGER="\\usr\\bin\\less"

I have to manually re-enter the PAGER declairation and
set it back to "/usr/bin/less" before it executes
g.manual correctly.  What is going on??

David

=====
--