[GRASSLIST:1727] [Newbie Q:] Installation Problems on MacOS X

George Manganaris gmang at mac.com
Wed Apr 11 04:32:20 EDT 2001

Hi there!!

I 've tried installing GRASS on MacOS X Public beta but so far with no
luck...

When using the binary distribution (5.0beta11) for MacOS X I have exactly
the same problem as reported by Otter in posting 1713. [In short: after
intro screen a message saying: "error opening terminal: vt100", or (if ran
under X windows) "error opening terminal: xterm".

Assuming this was a problem from outdated libraries as suggested by Dave in
article 1721, I tried to install from the sources...
The problem here is that configure reports among others the following:

configure: warning: *** Failed check for math library.
configure: error: *** Could not find zlib Library. This lib is required.

and then exits...

I have the developer tools for Public beta...

Any suggestions?  (I hope it's not something trivial...)

Thank you all...
George.