[GRASSLIST:1741] RE: r3.showdspf.openGL

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Apr 15 17:14:15 EDT 2001

Charles Beaudry wrote:

> I fixed the problem by downloading the sources for LESSTIF and building the
> libraries for my system.  I tried to build g3d again but got stuck in
> r3.showdspf.openGL this time because of  some problem with
> GLwCreateMDrawingArea.  Here follows the output of the g3d build process
> along with the output from the part of the configure program that checks out
> Mesa.

> checking for GLwDrawingAreaMakeCurrent in -lGLw... (cached) no
> checking for GLwCreateMDrawingArea in -lGLwM... (cached) no

You don't have the OpenGL drawing area widgets, which is also required
to build g3d. Mesa includes the code for this, but doesn't build it by
default. (NB: this was the case for Mesa 3.0; I haven't looked at it
recently). XFree86 4.0.x also includes these widgets, but configure
won't detect the Motif version (due to GLwCreateMDrawingArea being a
macro).

Given that configure detected this, the suggestion to build g3d
shouldn't really have been made, IMHO (however, the suggestion to
build g3d was removed altogether shortly after the 09-04-01 snapshot,
which makes the issue somewhat irrelevant now).