[GRASSLIST:1748] Re: Problems with color def. in CELL monitor

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Apr 17 16:23:56 EDT 2001

Hi Karine,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 11:40:11AM +0200, Karin(e) ZUERCHER wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem with the color output using the CELL driver. When
> displaying any choosen superposition of a raster map and vector maps on
> the normal monitor, the colors come out perfectly, but as soon as I use
> the CELL monitor instead, I get a rather low color image.
>
> Where's the
> problem?
>
> Here my configuration:
>
> Grass5beta10 (binary version)
> Linux
> Mandrake 7.2
> KDE2.0
>

> I'd be very happy and thankful if someone has an idea
> where the problem lies.

Sorry to say: Currently the CELL driver is not working properly.
There is a new driver available "PNGdriver" which directly
writes to an external PNG file. Probably this will replace the
CELL driver, at least it is available in CVS and will appear
in the next GRASS 5 version (yes, the stable release).

See also:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/drivers.html

If you urgently need it, please contact me personally.

Regards

 Markus