[GRASSLIST:1760] grass newbie info

Sthitaprajna zeeble at symonds.net
Mon Apr 23 11:41:01 EDT 2001

Hi

i am a real new user(well not even that currently) of GRASS. I downloaded
the necessary binaries from teh site ( the unstable 5.0 beta version
) from the servers and tried to get it working as given in the README. But
so far, i have been unable to get it to run.

My machine specs are:
Celeron 300A
64MB RAM
Operating System -Linux Mandrake 7.2, glibc 2.1 based
kernel version - 2.4.4-pre6

It would be great if someone pointed out a place where i can get exact
info on what todo...I agree the README looked detailed but GRASS somehow
did'nyt start even after floowing the instructions...

All help appreciated. Also, should ibe using the 5.0betas ot the 4.x
stable series?

Rgds