[GRASSLIST:2352] Re: Problems with projection conversion of vectorfiles

anne-claire serres anne-claire.serres at thales-is.com
Fri Aug 17 06:01:42 EDT 2001

Rich Shepard a écrit :

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, anne-claire serres wrote:
>
> > I am using the v.proj command in order to convert a vector map that is in
> > lat, long with the lambert conical conform projection. So the 'first'
> > location is in lat, long and the 'second' location is a lambert conical
> > conform projection of the same area.
>
> > >From the 'second' location, I use the v.proj command and the map is
> > converting (positive message).
>
> > I select the 'vector display' and choose the projected map: the map is
> > 'displayed' ( positive message) but it doesn't appear in the monitor. Why?
>
>   The region of the 'second' location may not quite match that of the map
> you want to display.
>
>   From that location/mapset, do:
>  d.vect map=<map_name>
>         g.region vect=<map_name>
>         d.erase
>         d.vect map=<map_name>
>

> and you should now see all the map. If you do not, please report back.
>
> Rich
>
> Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
>
>                        Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
>             2404 SW 22nd Street | Troutdale, OR 97060-1247 | U.S.A.
>  + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
>                  Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.

Thank you very much for your help and indeed, using  :
                        d.vect map=<map_name>
                        g.region vect=<map_name>
                        d.erase
                        d.vect map=<map_name>
, the map is displayed in the monitor but the region's coordinates (and so the
vector map) are totally wrong (see region.jpg attached file).
So, I search why and I find that when it creates the dig file (see location.jpg
attached file), it creates North = 5 (and I don't know the unit) instead of 60
grades and  south = -64 instead of 44 grades.

I think I miss something, perhaps when the "v.support" is automatically runned ?

Thank you very much,

Anne-Claire