[GRASSLIST:2731] compiling grass and gd includes

cmbarton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Dec 4 18:23:08 EST 2001

I thought I'd try to compile grass 5 from the current CVS snapshot to
take advantage of a few recent updates. I actually did this successfully
a couple of months ago, so I thought I wouldn't have any problems with
dependencies.

However, I was wrong. In doing the ./configure step, I get an error
shown below that I am lacking gd includes. I can't find out what this
belongs to. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
Department of Anthropology
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

- - - error message  - - -

checking whether to use GD... yes
checking for location of GD includes...
checking for gd.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate GD includes.