[GRASSLIST:2762] Error message: creating ps files in grass

Gail Higginbottom ghigginb at physics.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Dec 6 19:52:59 EST 2001

> Gail,
>
> ps.map creates postscript files from GRASS raster, vector and sites
> files.  As far as I know ps.map is also the only means of getting
> directly from GRASS to a finished quality product in one step.

Dear Roger and others,

I was trying to use ps.map yesterday and whilst it accepted the
chosen postscript printer,  and error message endued, making me nelive I
had left something out before using ps.map.

The error message reads "ERROR (Then a symbol that looks like two tiny f's
across a diagonal) : illegal request"

What would this error mean?

best wishes,
Gail.