[GRASSLIST:2796] elevation profiles

Eric Hillmuth ehillmuth at digitalmeridian.net
Mon Dec 17 15:48:58 EST 2001

I'm working with a set of trails that I'm going to need to generate
profiles for. I've looked into using r.profile with my elevation model
but my profiles will need to follow a trail, not just one line segment
as it appears r.profile does. My current thinking is to convert my trail
vertexes to sites and get elevations for each site then generate my
profiles in a spreadsheet or graphing application. Does anyone have any
thoughts on what commands one could use to get elevations for sites from
an underlying elevation model?

--
Eric Hillmuth
Principal