[GRASSLIST:2802] Re: GRASSLinks

Len Coop coopl at ippc2.orst.edu
Tue Dec 18 18:39:06 EST 2001

Alex,
We are waiting for UC Berkeley/Regis to make a change in thier license to GPL or Berkeley license
for GRASSLinks 3.1.

Read the current license, and interpret what it means for your own uses.

The more we send in requests for REGIS to change the license (patty, pattf at regis.berkeley.edu),
hopefuly, the sooner they will do it.

My evaluation of the versions of GRASSLinks found that 3.1 is the best code, although some of the
shell scripts from 3.0c and 2.5 could be converted to Perl and rolled into the next version.

Len

--
Leonard Coop
Research Associate