[GRASSLIST:1410] Re: Sites to Poly

Radim Blazek Radim.Blazek at dhv.cz
Thu Feb 1 02:32:57 EST 2001

Jeshua Lacock wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to convert a site with 4 locations into a polyline and I
> am stumped.  I import my site data with s.in.ascii, then I convert it
> to vector with s.to.vect and I am trying to build a polyline, I have
> tried v.build.polylines  with no success.  It creates lines from a
> location to the same location.  It seems as if I need a
> v.point.to.line module or something.
>
> Here is what my sites look like:
>
>    523354.5000  3651123.50     SW
>    523321.5000  3664980.75     NW
>    534982.3125  3665015.50      NE
>    535031.8125  3651158.25      SE

v.build.polylines is intended for connecting line segments to polylines.

You need to convert  your sites ascii file to vector ascii file and use
v.in.ascii. Vector ascii example:
ORGANIZATION:
DIGIT DATE:   Wed Jan 24 09:09:24
DIGIT NAME:
MAP NAME:     Output from v.patch
MAP DATE:
MAP SCALE:    2400
OTHER INFO:
ZONE:         0
WEST EDGE:    -735066.7082
EAST EDGE:    0
SOUTH EDGE:   -1044921.63
NORTH EDGE:   0
MAP THRESH:   1.8288
VERTI:
L  3
 -1042867.127 -734079.284
 -1042861.042 -734076.804
 -1042844.068 -734071.973
L  2
 -1042844.068 -734071.973
 -1042861.042 -734076.804

!!!  coordinates are in Y X order.
Read grass manual for detail info about vector ascii format.

Radim