[GRASSLIST:1432] Re: first install, help me, I'm on starting blocks

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 7 12:35:49 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 06:16:57PM +0100, Judicael Lamy wrote:
> Beginner in linux world and interested in huge GRASS GIS possibilities in my
> domain (environnemental, natural park), I downloaded the 4.3 release.
> Please, could you tell me how to install the soft on my system (running
> linux mandrake 7.2, based on kernel from red hat 7.0, xserver kde).

You can try the rpms from the Freegis-CD.
Download them from ftp://intevation.de/freegis/
				gnu-linux-i586/freegis-1.0.4/i586

Then you can just install it like any rpm, which should be
described in your Mandrake User Manual.

And don't hesitate to ask,
	Bernhard

> I really want to make first steps on a real GIS soft with so much way to
> work on
>
> Thank for help
> Judicaël LAMY
> chargé de mission SIG
> PNR Loire Anjou Touraine
> France

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)