[GRASSLIST:1520] Re: How to measure plants?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 26 10:07:08 EST 2001

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Markus Neteler wrote:

>  As you are working on GRASS vector network analysis, do you
>  have any news for us? Probably you need assistance to implement
>  your working tool into GRASS (I remember such a mail). Please
>  let us know about the status,

  Thank you, Markus, for the information.

  Just this weekend I learned the term for the GIS programming insight I've
wanted to learn for years, and I've started on the path. From what I've read
so far, these techniques are based on graph theory and making minimal
spanning trees. But, they'd apply just as well to river systems and roads.

  If you get an answer, please pass it on. I don't want to re-invent the
wheel, but this is on my wish list, too.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com