[GRASSLIST:1343] Re: import of HDF imagery data

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Jan 5 21:22:37 EST 2001

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 11:14:04AM -0600, Frank, Alan ERM wrote:
> Dear Grass Users:
>
> I am trying to import HDF imagery files (LANDSAT 7 TM satellite imagery)
> into Grass
>
> When I run the command r.in.hdf i get an error message " input file not
> found"

That sounds like the module isn't compiled/available.  Does
grass5/bin/r.in.hdf exist?  This module isn't compiled by default (as it
isn't well supported).

> I am running grass 5.0 on a unix workstation
>
> Any hints or advice by anyone on this procedure would be appreciated.

HDF4 is reportedly not functional and I don't think anyone has stepped
up to work on it.  HDF3.2 is reportedly functional.  HDF5 has not seen
any code (though there has been some discussion).  Sorry, that's not a
very promising answer :(.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>