[GRASSLIST:1381] import TIGER/LINE file

an lu anlu999 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 21 13:59:55 EST 2001

Hi,

I want to import TIGER/LINE file into grass. I have
used  v.in.tig.basic t1=name1 t2=name2 out=newmap.  i
got the new vector file "newmap", and then i run the
v.support in order to query the newmap with mouse. the
 problem is :

   the road i want to query is not labelled, the query
result is just a TLID, not the feature name, such as
I-95 or I-195, as i expected.
   when i want to edit the category (choose "2" during
running v.support), i was told the category files were
missed.

I also try the v.in.tig.lndmk, when i select the kind
of map as "area" or "site", it works well. but when I
selected  "line", it give the error information:
"syntax error near the spheroid=[n",  although it is
not required to specified spheroid.

so i can not the get the vector map with road name
labelling from the TIGER file.
i used GRASS 5.0 in redhat 6.2.

Any help appreciated.

Lu.