[GRASSLIST:1386] Grass Tutorial

Gail Higginbottom ghigginb at physics.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jan 22 22:06:37 EST 2001

Dear all,

I am attempting the grass tutorial on from  ...
http://www.geog.le.ac.uk/assist/grass/seeds/gs_a.html

I have download Grass4.3 and the appropriate data.

I have chosen a different 'local' pathway to that in the program
and this was changed accordingly so that all GRASS files could be found.

I am receiving these error messages below.  How do I fix this? How did
this error come about?

Can anyone help me?

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <leics>
GRASS 4.3 > d.mon start=x0
Graphics driver [x0] is already running
ERROR - eof from graphics monitor.
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
ERROR - eof from graphics monitor.

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <leics>
GRASS 4.3 > d.mon select=x0
ERROR - eof from graphics monitor.

I have tried to start and select the monitors via the
tcltkgrass & display. Though it doesnt complain using the Visual Display
to 'start' and s'select' except for lack of two colours, it claims that no
monitor has been 'selected' when I run Display raster map - image.

Thankyou.

Sincerely,
Gail.

 Gail Higginbottom, Centre for European
Studies
and General Linguistics, University of Adelaide,
Adelaide, South Australia,
Australia. 5005.
and
Department of Physics and Mathematical Physics

ghigginb at physics.adelaide.edu.au

http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~ghigginb/

(08) 8303:6440