[GRASSLIST:2125] Re: help request

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Jul 18 20:54:07 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 04:39:06PM +0200, Stefano De Felici wrote:
> Dear all,
> in these days I've found a couple of misfunctioning (or something similar)
> in GRASS 5pre01. I'm using RedHat6.2 with ncurses libs suitably updated and:
> - Yesterday I was not able in exporting raster using export -> tiff altought
> the region was corrected set (with the same procedures GRASS4.3 works fine).

Details...

> - at the moment my GRASS is completed locked. After I made a mistake in
> setting a new location and mapset, I escaped leaving blanks in location and
> mapset name. Now, when I start GRASS, an empty window with the title
> gis_set.tcl appear at side of the main one (the main one is the window where
> appear "Strarting GRASS") and then all stop.
> How can I start GRASS again?

$ grass5 -text

Will launch you into normal text mode.  Locations and mapsets are just
directories.  If you created a bogus Location and/or mapset, and it
doesn't have any meaningful data you want to save, you can just delete
the location/mapset directories using normal file management tools.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>