[GRASSLIST:2131] r.reclass: how to reclass only part of the categories

mlennert at club.worldonline.be mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jul 20 06:19:04 EDT 2001

Hello,

I've downloaded some GLOBE DEM files, and I would like to use them in nviz.
The problem is that some areas (such as the polders in Holland) have values
around 65500, making it difficult to use the files in nviz due to the extreme
differences in values. I would therefore like to reclass them in order to give
them all a value of -1.
Now r.reclass allows me to either use reclass rules, but then I would have to
write a reclass rule for evey point between 0 and 9000 (the ones I want to
keep the way they are) since if I don't do it, r.reclass will class them all
as NULL. And if I use the r.reclass interface, I would have to do all the
changes to -1 by hand.

So my question: is there a reclass rule meaning something like 'leave 1 thru
9000 the way they are' ?
Or: is there a way to tell nviz to not take into accont z values outside of a
defined range ?

Moritz