[GRASSLIST:2144] Re: s.surf.rst and prediction error

Andrea Aime aaime at comune.modena.it
Mon Jul 23 11:51:31 EDT 2001

I think you have to use a separate statistical package, such as R,
to get an estimate of the errors occurred in interpolation (but I'm no
expert
in this field, so I can't tell you how to do it): you'll get this
problem
with every other deterministic interpolation method. As an alternative,
you can use kriging interpolation method (a geostatistical interpolator)
that provides both interpolated data and an estimate of errors as a
result:
you can use the latest version of GStat to do it,
it can read GRASS data (and also output them I suspect...):
www.gstat.org
Hope this helps
Best regards
Andrea Aime