[GRASSLIST:2210] Re: Norwegian users?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 29 12:32:39 EDT 2001

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Andreas Lange wrote:

> Anyone volunteering in helping me with integrating the new proj library
> and map datum support in GRASS?

Andreas,

  I am overcommitted now as it is, but I just downloaded the General
Cartographic Transformation Package (GCTP) from the USGS's ftp server.
According to their README file:

"The General Cartographic Transformation Package (GCTP) is a system of
software routines designed to permit the transformation of coordinate
pairs from one map projection to another.  The GCTP is the standard
computer software used by the National Mapping Division for map
projection computations."

  This is from the version 2.0 directory (August 1998). There's supposed to
be a version 2.0.2 out, but that directory is not on the server. I'm zipping
the 38M tar file of all files and I'll be happy to send it to you or anyone
else helping you. I don't know how this duplicates what's already in r.proj,
but the offer is available to anyone. The compressed version is "only" 8.3M
in size. :-)

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.