[GRASSLIST:2230] Re: Monitor window

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Jul 31 19:44:19 EDT 2001

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   When I start a monitor it is a rather small window on my screen. How can I
> control the size, either upon startup or afterward? I can't grab a corner
> and drag it across the floor.

It should start at 450x400 by default, and you should be able to
override this by setting the environment variables XDRIVER_WIDTH and
XDRIVER_HEIGHT.

However, the WM always gets the last say, so it's possible that
something in either the WM's configuration or its hardcoded behaviour
will override this.

>   So, what do I do to get a larger display area for the maps?

1. Try setting XDRIVER_WIDTH and XDRIVER_HEIGHT.
2. Check the WM's configuration file.
3. Try a different WM.
4. Check for an updated version of your preferred WM.
5. Tell me that 1, 2 and 4 were unsuccessful and that 3 isn't an
option, and I'll try to find a workaround.