[GRASSLIST:1594] I want to time-stamp grid3 files

Pelizzari, Michael michael.pelizzari at lmco.com
Fri Mar 9 18:23:53 EST 2001

Dear everybody -

There seems to be no provision for timestamps in grid3 files, judging from
the online documentation.  There is no r3.timestamp command (the 3D
counterpart to r.timestamp), and the current version of r3.out.v5d fills the
variables "timestamp[ ]" and "datestamp[ ]" with zeroes.

I could sure use a command "r3.timestamp", and a version of command
"r3.out.v5d" which creates nonzero date-and-timestamps.  Has anybody
developed these?  If not, I'll have to do it myself.  I plan to
(1) create a r3.timestamp command that writes a file
"grid3/<filename>/timestamp",
(2) modify the r3.out.v5d command to put integers <yyddd> and <hhmmss> into
datestamp[ ] and timestamp[ ], respectively.

But I'd rather not reinvent the wheel, so please let me know ASAP if you
have commands that do these things, or if you're close to releasing such
commands for general use.  Thanks in advance.

Mike Pelizzari