[GRASSLIST:1624] LANDSAT-7 ETM+ IMAGERY

Gerald Buckmaster buckmasterjunior at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 19:49:46 EST 2001

Friends,

I would like to import L7 imagery into GRASS.  I am most interested in a
command or script of commands that interrogates the header files and i
mports the bands noted.

I use r.in.gdal to import L5 imagery, works pretty well.  I notice it does not
attempt to utilize the georeferencing information included in the header.
Does anyone have a scripting solution?  I assume I should be able to create
transformation matrix using i.points with that metadata.

Specifically, I am interested in developing a means to automate the extraction
of AOI's to individual rasterfiles based on polygon masks, similiar to what
has been recently discussed on the ERDAS list.

I am a re-born GRASS analyst, since I re-installed Linux on my PC.  The last
time I worked with GRASS was 3-4 years ago.  Loved the power...hated having
multiple operating systems on one machine.  I'm back, and re-learning.

TIA
--
Gerald Edward Buckmaster Jr.
Imagery Analysis Support Site & Newsletter
mailto: buckmasterjunior at yahoo.com