[GRASSLIST:1633] display several maps

julien bouffy at free.fr
Mon Mar 19 16:32:47 EST 2001

Hi list,

I'm working on a project into GRASS which is composed by several maps.
(raster).
These maps have been imported into GRASS using r.in.tiff. and r.support.

Each of these maps has the good coordinates. They compose a large map.

But how can I display these maps together in the monitor ?
Using d.rast -o map1 ... d.rast -o map2 ...is quiet boring when you have
10 or more maps !
I've thought to write a small script to do that but maybe there is a
module to create a group of maps in a project.
I've tried to create a new group composed by all these maps but I'm not
able to display it (the name of these groups does not appear in the
g.list rast).

Have I done something wrong or do I forgot something ?

thanks for help

julien