[GRASSLIST:1646] Re: floating color table questions

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Mar 20 01:44:03 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 03:34:06PM +0930, Gail Higginbottom wrote:

> Regarding colour maps. When I run Grass and netscape concurrently,
> netscape uses all my colourmap. Obviously I can run a text-only
> version of Lynx, but I'd much rather have a clour and image version of
> netscape. Any ideas?

Netscrape is known to be bad like this.  I think it does better if you
use 16- or 32-bit colormode for your X driver.  'Course you can't get
24-bit color at less than a 24-bit colormode.  However, 16-bit really
isn't too bad (gets a little grainy, but not nearly as noticeable as
8-bit colormode, yuck).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>