[GRASSLIST:1670] r.statistics

Rado Bonk rado at cosmos.dsc.unomaha.edu
Mon Mar 26 02:25:20 EST 2001

Hi GRASS users,
I am using r.statistics in order to get max, and min values of elevation
(my cover map), based on 41 regions with unique integer cell values (my
base map). I use r.statistics as follows:

r.statistics base=base_map cover=elev_map method=max output=out_max

The module generates out_map with the only one region equal to the
smallest cell value in base_map. Both, base_map, and cover_map have no
category labels, but based on manual, cell values should be enough to
generate the map.

r.average, using the same approach works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

			Rado

Rado Bonk
Geography and Geology