[GRASSLIST:1806] accumulation-grouping

Dieter Lehmann lehmann at fh-nuertingen.de
Wed May 2 06:47:22 EDT 2001

Hi Grass-users,
wondering if someone could give me a hint...

r.watershed gives me a nice accumulation map, still, I have problems to
interpret the results.

What I want to know, if there is some rule of thumb for grouping this results.

   Min. 1st Qu.  Median    Mean 3rd Qu.    Max.
-553600       2       4   -4042       8   58790

Is it o.k. calculation first the abs() of the values?

I want to build for example 5 classes, but I really don't know how to divide
this...

Dieter Lehmann
University of applied Sciences
Schelmenwasen 4-8
D-72622 Nuertingen, Germany
lehmann at fh-nuertingen.de
Phone: +49 (0) 7022 404 Ext. 192 or Ext. 152
Fax: +49 (0) 7022 404 Ext. 166

Date: Tue, 02-May-01 12:00:00 +0000 (GMT)
Time: 12:37:24