[GRASSLIST:1878] Re: distance between points in a raster map

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Fri May 25 09:32:00 EDT 2001

Create a raster layer where each cell is given the value of your cell resolution
(such as "30" for 30 meteres). Run r.cost over this layer, using your specified
point as the starting point. Although the current flavor of r.cost is a little
odd (adding the averaged value of the current cell plus the cell it is spreading
to), this shouldn't be a problem with a cost surface of identical values.

Best regards,
	-Malcolm Williamson
	 CAST - University of Arkansas