[GRASSLIST:2641] FW: Re: Can I import USGS DOQQ files?

Wyco, Mark Mwyco at TheITGroup.com
Thu Nov 8 15:06:03 EST 2001

Actually you can convert MrSID into Geotiff files, you just can't do it
using the xwindows version of the MrSID viewer.  This version will only
allow you to export the view and resolution currently on your screen.
However, the Windows 95,98,2000 version of the MrSID viewer will allow you
to convert the entire MrSID image into a geotiff file.  Unfortunately, as a
newcomer to GRASS I just don't seem to be able to import the tif into
GRASS5.  (Partition fault Error)
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric G. Miller [mailto:egm2 at jps.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 8:46 PM
To: grasslist at baylor.edu
Subject: [GRASSLIST:2637] Re: Can I import USGS DOQQ files?

I suspect either you downloaded a MrSID file (which GRASS cannot support)
or your download failed to complete. Seven megabytes is way too small
for any DOQQ I've ever seen.  B&W run near 50MB, while color/CIR ones
run at about 150MB each!  It takes four DOQQ's to make just one 7.5
minute quadrangle.  So I hope you have bandwidth and disk space...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>