[GRASSLIST:2665] Is GRASS for me?

Klaus Drechsler drechsler at gmx.net
Sat Nov 17 18:57:00 EST 2001

Hi,

for a research job at my univerity I have do to the following:

I have a mobile client with an GPS receiver and a server running GRASS.
I want the mobile client to transmit coordinates received from the GPS
receiver to the GRASS server and the server should return me a part of a
map (my position and the neigbourhood) in jpg/gif (or whatever).

Is this possible with GRASS? Or which software should I look at?
Where should I start?

ciao,
  Klaus
--
Zentrum für Graphische Datenverarbeitung (ZGDV)
Abt. Mobile Informationsvisualisierung
email: klaus.drechsler at zgdv.de
          zgdv at kdnet.de