[GRASSLIST:2699] Re: Tutorial

brianknaus at juno.com brianknaus at juno.com
Tue Nov 27 13:33:12 EST 2001

I am also a "newbie" to GRASS.  I also have picked up tutorials such as
the "grass_seeds" with success and then foundered when I wanted to learn
more with a project of relevance to my own work.  The GRASS filesystem is
relatively confusing for someone new to it.  One of the main reasons that
products like "ArcView" are so successful is because people provide data
for it in its native format.

I would be interested if there is a tutorial on importing data into the
correct format and place within the GRASS filesystem (the use of the SDTS
datasets would be of particular use to those of us in the USA).

Thank you
Brian Knaus