[GRASSLIST:2580] Re: Where is i.fft?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Oct 9 09:01:13 EDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 08:43:47AM -0400, Beaudry Charles (NORANDA) wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I built grass5pre2 and noticed a few missing routines.  The fast fourier
> transform program i.fft, although present in the source directory apparently
> does not compile or install.  Any reason for this?

Hi Charles,

please check the error.log file. You will find various modules
not being compiled which use FFT (fast fourier transform) routines.
Since pre2 we rely on the FFTW library, which has to be compiled
in advance. So, check

REQUIREMENTS.html

for the home of FFTW, install it, then recompile GRASS with
configure
# note, configure has to find the FFTW!
make
make install

Then the modules should be available. Concerning i.ask and i.find
I don't know why they should fail to compile. Try
 gmake5 src/imagery/i.ask
 gmake5 src/imagery/i.find

and check for any error messages.

Hope this helps,