[GRASSLIST:2591] d.area: areas filled with various colors

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Oct 19 12:34:25 EDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 02:32:40PM +0300, Ahmet Temiz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm sorry to take up your time.
> I would like to know how I can see vector polygons in different color in Grass5.
> Say, I have geology map that has been prepared as vector polygons. and
> I have to see geo formations in differen color for interpretation.
>

> Kind Regards
>
> Ahmet Temiz
> Geo. Eng.
> Gen. Dir of Disaster Affairs
> TURKEY

Hi,

just now I have added "-f" to d.area to optionally draw vector polygons
with various colors. It is a simple approach just cycling through
the (still limited) color table for vector data.
See attachment for an impression (19k, hope that's o.k.).

The improvement is available in CVS and will ship with next
GRASS 5 release.

cheers

Markus Neteler