[GRASSLIST:2388] Re: libcurses.so.1

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Sep 4 17:12:59 EDT 2001

This is a very frequently asked question:

If you system is missing this version of the library (libcurses.so.1) it
should at least have a library libcurses.so. Verify this with
locate libcurses.so
If this does not find the library, your installation is broken.
Else create a soft link as root like this:
ln -s /usr/lib/libcurses.so /usr/lib/libcurses.so.1

This should fix. Similar with other libraries/versions.

HTH,

Andreas

Terry Collins wrote:

> Can anyone supply a COMPLETE, current URL where I might obtain
> libcurses.so.1
>
> I am trying to run grass on a rh7.1 system and it complains about this.
> The only information that Google or the Grass archives puts up is either
> incomplete or our of date.
> --
>    Terry Collins {:-)}}} Ph(02) 4627 2186 Fax(02) 4628 7861
>    email: terryc at woa.com.au  www: http://www.woa.com.au
>    Wombat Outdoor Adventures <Bicycles, Books, Computers, GIS>
>
>  "People without trees are like fish without clean water"

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net