[GRASSLIST:2395] Re: r.in.gdal problem

Christian Georges christian.georges at uibk.ac.at
Wed Sep 5 02:48:21 EDT 2001

Hi John,

libgdal doesn't come with GRASS 5.0.0pre1.
(r.in.gdal is just a 'frontend' to communicate with libgdal).
Thus, you have to compile and install libgdal independently (usually compiles without problems).
You can download it from:
ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/

Supported formats (-> if this is the tool you need) should be documented.
Additional information you can obtain at:
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/

Good luck,
Christian