[GRASSLIST:2400] install errors: please help

Aurelien aurelien at fractals.be
Wed Sep 5 16:35:55 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to install Grass5.0beta 11 on my Mac OS X box. I have a
working XDarwin installed and I've added TCL-TK support by detaring to /.

I get the following message:

grass5install.sh: read-only variable: PWD [217]

gunzip: /Users/candide/Desktop/grastep/grass5.0beta11_Darwin_bin.tar.gz:
invalid compressed data--format violated
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

but after that the script seems to continue normally. However, doing
'grass5' doesn't launch the much anticipated GIS...

Can someone maybe tell me the expected file size of the tar'd archive ?
Or otherwise help me.

Cheers,

Aurélien