[GRASSLIST:2406] Re: libcurses.so.1

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Fri Sep 7 13:40:37 EDT 2001

Dear Terry,

i was mistaken a bit about libcurses. On Linux systems libncurses is
installed and a softlink is provided to libcurses for programs that need
this library. But the info was correct otherwise. There must be some
curses/ncurses library on you system.

But a search on the GRASS homepage revealed a lot of info about
libcurses and libncurses.

A link for d'ld curses/ncurses is provided in the file
REQUIREMENTS/REQUIREMENTS.html, but it seems that this file did not make
it into the binary distribution.

Terry Collins wrote:

> > This is a very frequently asked question:
>
> Perhaps it should be in the FAQ.
>
> ..snip....
>
> > If this does not find the library, your installation is broken.
>
> In 7 years, I've never found a Linux install that wasn't broken in some
> way.
>
> > This should fix. Similar with other libraries/versions.
>
> Nope, I still need to find it to FTP, or something else that I could
> link to. If anyone has a URL, it that would be great.

see above.

HTH,

Andreas

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net