[GRASSLIST:2449] Re: GRASS Seeds Beginner's Tutorial Page removed

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Sep 18 08:08:31 EDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 09:44:54PM -0700, Mark Smith wrote:
> Markus,
>
> I've been having problems accessing the GRASS Seeds Beginner's Tutorial page
> (http://www.geog.le.ac.uk/assist/grass/seeds/) through the GRASS site. Could
> you check this link?
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark Smith

Hi,

it seems they have removed the PROJECT ASSIST from the web. I have
extracted the pages from the google cache, but could not recover

 o  Leicestershire, UK - Data for the GRASS Seeds tutorial (leics.tar.Z)
 o  GRASS Seeds tutorial in PostScript format (gs.ps.tar.Z)

Maybe someone can provide a copy before I dig around myself?

However, there is a copyright limitation:
"Copyright © 1995 Midlands Regional Research Laboratory (MRRL).

 "GRASS Seeds - A Beginner's Tutorial" and associated dataset are released
 subject to the condition that no part may, by way of trade or
 otherwise, be lent, resold, hired out, or otherwise circulated without the
 prior permission of MRRL, except in so far as they may be copied for
 use by the purchaser for the normal educational activities of the
 purchaser's organisation."

Is anyone from MRRL listening here - may we distribute the files?

Best regards

 Markus Neteler