[GRASSLIST:2508] Which projection?

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at marine.csiro.au
Fri Sep 28 02:05:50 EDT 2001

I have a gridded data set I want to read into grass, but I'm not sure
which projection to use. The header for the data contains the following
information:

Datum: WGS84
Half axis: 6378137.0000000
Flattening: 1/298.25722356300
Coordinate system: Lat/Long
Latitude min.: -42.78126745
Longitude min.: 148.31130940
Latitude max.: -42.58820665
Longitude max.: 148.49252740
Latitude cell size: 30.00 meter
Longitude cell size: 30.00 meter

I can get the same data output using a different coordinate system with
the header: